Friday, August 25, 2006

Sweet Surprise


You've just been tagged. I read this while at Strikegal's blog the other day. Grab the nearest, yes the NEAREST book to you and follow these instructions.

1. Get a book NEAREST to you.

2. Open the book to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence

4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

6. Tag whomever you want, or not.

Well since I had my Immunology book open while surfing, here's my three sentences:
"Humoral immnity is more important than cellular immunity in defending against microbes with capsules rich in polysaccharides and lipids, and against polysaccharide and lipid toxins. The reason for this is that B cells respond to, and produce antibodies specific for many types of molecules, but T cell, the mediators of cellular immunity, recognize and respond only to protein antigens. Antibodies are produced by B lymphocytes and their progeny."

HAHAHA, I can see your eyes bulging out if you had the patience to actually read that.

As promised this is a picture post.

Here are some of the pictures of the yarn I bought for my secret swap partner:


Excuse the mess around the yarn, but its the closest colour match I could get from my phone camera and I wasn't going to mess it up. Well this is it in its unwound glory. Pretty init? I just love the colour (heck I love any shade of purple). I still haven't wound this into a ball, I just like to leave it on my bed and stare at it and day dream . Crazy? Oui, oui.

And that's my pretty pretty yarn knotted into a skein and the other skein I managed to wind into a ball. The little tail is a part I frogged from the swatch.

Any ideas are very well welcome, in any category (funky, crazy, whacky, insane, sane, elegant, assault to the senses etc.) I do have a few ideas playing in my head but nothing concrete. Hmmm....harder than I imagined to decided on one design, everything out there is so pretty.

Okay here is the most important part of my post, I had the most amazing surprise from one of the knitters (I don't know whether she would like to remain anonymous or not) from the Knitters Community (a forum for Malaysian and Singaporean knitters). I was telling her my yarn sorrows and the aversion to knit with acrylic, and guess what she did?! She actually left me a parcel at my LYS with some yarn that she thought would serve better purpose with me than her. Isn't she the sweetest? I received the softest balls of mohair and a big ball of baby wool in the most adorable colour. Oh heck, a picture speaks a thousand words don't it? So have a look:

Isn't that wonderful? Such a thoughtful gesture. Makes one regain faith in humanity again. Maybe the world is not so full of Flakes as I had perceived. Its my first actual squishy soft mohair. I absolutely adore it. My mind is on a roll, dreaming about what to knit with this treasure trove. She also sent me a wonderful book, a Daily Bread, which is precisely what I needed I think. Thanks again for making my day!

No comments: