Friday, October 06, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

Dear SP9,

Here is my completed questionnaire. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me =)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love knitting with any yarn that is soft and silky. Cotton is what is best suited for weather here in Malaysia. But not so big on 100% acrylic really, because it’s SO HOT here and no eyelash yarn either.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now, I’ve got a Pringles’ tin that has been dressed up to look like a passable holder for my straights. Nothing for my circulars yet though…

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learnt knitting from my parents 10 years ago and picked it up again early this year.
I would think that my skills are probably intermediate.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes....check the side bar please.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I love rose the most. Floral, spicy and fruity are lovely.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Hell yeah…I’m a total sucker for dark chocolate. My favorites are After Eight mints.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet too, but am not a big fan. I don’t know how to spin. I would love to learn how to dye my own yarn too.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Well Alternative, I LUURVE Lifehouse. I’m into some RnB too.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Oh purple purple PURPLE, I love purple. Sorry, yes, calming down now. I like pink too, followed by deep blues and fresh deep forest greens and black of course. I hate colours that are too bright and fluoresce, oh and I do absolutely detest beige! White is nice on me though.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a room-mate. I have four adorable hamsters.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves and hats. I’ll wear my PONCHO when I’m finished with it.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Well I love anything that’s flattering and trendy. Always looking for flattering, sassy, sexy stuff to knit ;)


13. What are you knitting right now?
A shrug that needs some damage control and a halter.


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes of course


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars definitely. Aluminium I guess. I’m loving the only pair of Inox circulars I’ve got.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Unfortunately neither


17. How old is your oldest UFO?
The knitted halter is about 6 months old and the poncho 10 months old.


18. What is your favorite holiday?
Hmm…I take holidays during my birthday, does that count? =) Okay okay, I love Christmas and Easter.


19. Is there anything that you collect?
Does yarn count?


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Needles:
Addi Turbos
Patterns: One Skein Wonder & Simple Knitted Bodice by Glampyre Knits

Books: The Stitch 'N Bitch Calendar 2007, Stitch 'N Bitch Journal; Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitters Handbook by Debbie Stoller
Unfortunately I have no suscriptions to any Knitting magazines.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Magic loop, knitting on two circulars and the sock-in-sock technique illustrated in the Fall Knitty 2006.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I’m just getting started. Ladies size 8.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
September 21st

No comments: