Thursday, September 06, 2007

WOoooOOOT!

My ----'s best friend was supposed to drop by Malaysia some time ago and being that he was coming from Australia, I instantly resorted to nagging my ---- incessantly about getting his buddy to bring me yarn. Much to my chagrin, teaching some guys about yarn is like telling a darned hamster to stop biting its' cage - they never get it. Those of you who have hamsters can attest to this.

Therefore after giving him addresses, emails, websites, telephone numbers, fax numbers, brand names, content instructions, yardage instructions, weight instructions and even shop timings, I thought my work was done and I had educated two of the macho (cough!) lot to understand our kind.

But instead I got frantic phone calls from a yarn store saying "They only have 4 fla-ee!!! What IS that? Er.. what's merino again?"

For those keeping check: fla-ee= ply

The prices he told me where off the top and well, I meekly told him "Sorry for the trouble bro. You gotta get OUT of there." And he did and I...well....moped for a few hours and promptly forgot about the whole incident.

Well when we finally did meet him, he handed me gigantic bag containing these:


I think what I said was: "OMG OMG OMG YARDIBESDOODINDIHOLWORL" - roughly translated: "you're the best dude in the whole world" in a very very high-pitched squeal.

5...yes five balls of 8ply Classic wool in Cranberry...OMG! I'd never thought I'd ever get to knit with Bendigo yarn bebeh!

Turns out he did learn a thing or two about yarn and actually ordered these online for me =) OMG!! Yeh, okay, I did educate them about Bendigo wool and complained about four hundred and seventeen times that I had no credit card hehehe so perhaps that was the big big hint.

Okay - now that it's out of my system. I'm fairly calm. I know it ain't such a big deal because most of you do have Bendigo wools stashed somewhere but it's a biggie for me!

O'rite then. I'm off to talk to ma new wooly 200gm pets.

Cheerio~


6 comments:

alt.ayu said...

Nice color the yarns are! :D

they are so huge and circular right? hahaha

Jennifer said...

Awesome! What a great friend.

opportunityknits said...

It is such a gorgeous red, what a nice guy!

Anonymous said...

Love that red! You must tell me about your experience with this wool - I must be the only AU knitter not to have tried it... :)

bluey said...

The color is so nice.

The guys really make an effort. So nice of them.

Jackie said...

so sweet of him. u lucky girl.

a good choice of colour too.