Thursday, May 07, 2009

Phase II

Nothing helps to finish up rows of stockinette like a good movie - or a bad one...

I've got my WIP count to ZERO - it IS possible and I've done it. I frogged the jacket and chucked Twiggy Tweed into a basket to be cut into bits because I know I'll never use it.

Phase II: Knit More, Much More - has begun
It feels good to start with a clean slate.

Last night, I cast on for the coveted Whisper Cardigan using Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud in Papaya which I swiped from the lovely
Rambling Roses.
BE WARNED, make sure you use cables with the smoothest join. My KP options kept snagging and I wonder whether something can/should be done.

...back to the movie. I chose Cloverfield.

Bad choice.

20 minutes into it, I was ready to barf all over my knitting. It's a POV movie and all the running made my head spin.

Tonight I shall attempt to watch it again, however making sure I do not eat two hours beforehand. Ick.

I've been having lots of ball winding fun at the KOs lately. I'm very proud of this:


Caroline and I managed to wind 10 yarn cakes during the meet up. Sadly I don't have pictures of her bunch. Thanks for the winder
Jhocy and Yanti for the swift.



Dubai eye candy.

Burj Dubai and note the cute metro train at the bottom.


Have a great weekend everyone!


6 comments:

Kessa said...

I'm happy for you. Really. For now, clean slate (as in WIP count) is really just a funny thought for my situation. :D

knitwit said...

Holy crap! I don't think I could manage just having 1 WIP at a time. Too much ADD crafting. Congrats!

Preeti said...

That yarn tower looks amazing. Bring the KP lace to the next meetup and you can make another tower.

Phase 2 is going to kick ass seeing that you've begun with the gorgeous Whisper. What's the tower yarn going to turn into?

urban craft said...

Amazing. I don't think I will ever get my WIPs to zero. Even if I finish all of projects that I want to complete, I don't have knitting down. And I can't believe it's really taking me so long to do it. I really admire your skill. It' inspires me to be better.

Preeti said...

Hi there, I love your patterns and enthusiasm :) I've been looking for knitting classes in Dubai for a while, but haven't come across anything. Do you teach, by any chance?
I hope to hear from you.
All the best,
Preeti

R a i n said...

Hi Preeti,

I would love to teach you to knit! I can't see any way to contact you therefore I shall wait till you get in touch with me.

Hope to hear from you :D