Saturday, December 18, 2010

I've got stitches in my sides

So I've been watching a lot of old British sitcoms lately. A blast from the past indeed. I've been feeling all Christmassy and what better to do that snuggle up with a good comedy running and a bowl of chowder to pass the time?

Now thanks to the wonders of the interweb, no longer do we have to wait a week to watch Hyacinth drive everyone insane with her nitpicking personality or see Basil Fawlty get bullied again.

I was wondering whether anyone thinks the Vicar of Dibley is hilarious? Dawn French on a roll is ripping stuff! (See I've picked up English bits now!)




I wonder if there are any more old fun comedies to get hooked on? I'm not limited to English comedies of course, I love me my American sitcoms too :)

It's just that I'm running out of things to watch now and I need ideas!

Hope everyone's ready for Christmas :) (for those who celebrate) and the rest are making the most of the holidays!

3 comments:

sophanne said...

if you want really old, and don't mind just audio, search otr (old time radio) on itunes podcasts. You will find hours of listening pleasure. Me, I like the, "hard boiled radio dramas" with Jack Webb.

Preeti said...

Gosh, I love the Vicar of Dibley series. How she calls herself the "Vickster" and did you see the one with "no, no, no parking in the other field!" That guy cracks me up!!! The sitcoms that you've mentioned are part of The Greats, the newer ones aren't as funny somehow.

Unknown said...

I love the Vic! I look forward to her jokes at the end of the shows with the goofy blonde.